PitaPata Dog tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

Words of Wisdom

If enough of us choose to change even one small thing, together we have the power to change anything.

— Rick Hansen
"Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see the beauty, believe in them and try to follow where they lead."
- Lousia May Alcott

Thursday, April 8, 2010

DayTwelve of Doggie Training: Bath and Finals

Hey all!

There was a change of schedule, but nothing that was a problem, today. Basically, the girls got their baths today. I will get to that in a second. We had three exams today: the first one was a written and I only got two incorrect. One was I got the "wait" command a little confused - I put stop, I say the command all the time, I just forgot what the written description was! The other on was the usual signs that a dog is sick. Sluggish in movements, lost of appetite and vomiting - the last two I forgot (I put something else down), I would of known that if she got sick.

While we took the written Ken to the four legged ladies over to get their baths. I took a bunch of pictures!



Waiting for her turn, actually she was happy to see me.


Getting started


Using baby wipes to clean her ears, boy were they dirty! However, I now know how to clean them,


All wet and no where to go! Poor thing.


Her sister Raven is on the floor.


Is it over yet?


All soapy!


One of the many voluncheers at CCI. Thanks for the grooming lessons!


Hum...I wonder if I can jump? Better not...My person might get upset.


Getting dried off


They use dryers.


Now she is in one.


Getting brushed and looking all shiny and clean for Graduation tomorrow.

As each of the girls finished their baths we went in and did our practical final, which consisted of starting a new sound (in this case my cell phone) and a few steps that started on the fifth sound we would go home with. Renelle was AWESOME! Of course she was a bit familiar with the sound, because I used it on my cell's alarm clock, which she heard.

Anne (Betty's daughter - Raven's person) was kind enough to volunteer to call on her cell phone. I did it five times and the goal to to have Renelle alert me on the sound and show me where it was. I of course did not look at her or my cell when it went off. I was about to say "alert" to her when see alerted me and "lead" me to the sound (I was actually standing next to it). She did pretty good. I did add one little thing, I started talking to Anne, so by the final one were started to have a conversation and I was watching Renelle out of the corner of my eye and could see that she was looking at the cell phone and then at me, but not "alerting" me, I was thinking of giving the "alert" sign, but decided against it, because she was doing it up to this point. It took her a few rings to realize that she had to "alert" me and did a great "alert" nudge with her nose, and I said "what" and she point with her head where the noise was. She got a "jack pot" of a treat (more than one piece of food as a reward). Two down. One to go.

We then had lunch and after that we went back to Codding Town Mall to do our Public Certification test. It was exactly like the practice we did two days ago.

We got back and met one on one with Ken to go over our tests and to fill out the contract (CCI retains ownership of Renelle and the other dogs, however, we are responsible for the dogs safety health and vet care. Oh, I past all three of my exams. Renelle and I are now a public certified team!

Then we sat outside on the patio and Ken joined us for a small celebratory party. We chatted and told some stories for a about an hour and a half. It was nice.

We also got the rest of our supplies this afternoon and it consisted of a dental chew.



Here is Renelle chewing on it and she LOVED it!

Well, that is all for today. Off to bed in order to be ready for Graduation tomorrow in addition to learning about our rights.

Peace!
C & R

No comments: