PitaPata Dog tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

Words of Wisdom

If enough of us choose to change even one small thing, together we have the power to change anything.

— Rick Hansen
"Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see the beauty, believe in them and try to follow where they lead."
- Lousia May Alcott

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Day five of Doggie Training:: grooming and first night

We had a busy day today. Lectures on canine health, and grooming. Had lunch and dinner with her at my feet. Took her out to toilet. No 2's just 1's. But that is normal, she might tomorrow morning.


We decided to take a walk on campus and here is what we saw.


The Headquarters for CCI is named after Charles Schultz. He was a huge donor and supporter of CCI, His wife is still on the Board today.


Renelle dislikes the gentle leader (the blue thing), however she is more serious with it on than without it when we walk. We have more control over the dog with it.


Here i am practicing filing her nails by using a Dremel tool (a small drill-type tool that can be used for sanding, grinding, cutting or drilling. It's shaped like a fat pencil, and thus can be used with more skill (and thus more precision) than regular hand tools.). It is much easier than clipping. You are less likely to cut to the quick using this. It takes some practice. Renelle keep pulling away from me to the other side of the table.


So that is when I sat on the table put her hind leg under my arm and then after a couple seconds she stopped pulling away...this was when my TA would of been needed.


Here I am brushing her teeth with beef flavored toothpaste. She was not crazy about the brushing, she just wanted to lick the toothpaste. Again practice is needed. We shall see how I do tomorrow. Need to show her who is boss! That would be her right? LOL!

We practiced doing more "alerts" and did REALLY well, she found my legs and was nudging hard!


Playing with her plush toy. We played toss and hide and seek. I think she had fun. I know I did! We did some brushing (she keep shying away from me on that as well). After dinner we sat on the bed and just lay there together. She is currently in her crate sleeping. So I will sign off for now to do the same.

Peace!
C

No comments: