PitaPata Dog tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

Words of Wisdom

If enough of us choose to change even one small thing, together we have the power to change anything.

— Rick Hansen
"Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see the beauty, believe in them and try to follow where they lead."
- Lousia May Alcott

Friday, April 9, 2010

Day Thirteen of Doggie Training: Graduation and Good byes

Wow! Thirteen days have passed and here we are Graduating and heading home with our furry four legged ears/right hand/comforters! So much we have learned! Not just about dogs and how to help the dogs help us, but about each other and the gifts that life brings, no matter what our ability or disability is. We confirmed that we are more than our disabilities, we have other abilities that no other person has. During these two weeks, we laughed, we shared, we cried, we hurt, we learned to love beyond ourselves, and be ourselves, but most importantly we changed each others lives in this short time.



Resistance: I am not getting up!


Ken, our instructor, is in the blue shirt and meeting Merri's family (she is to the left of Ken).


Even the puppies came to see their family go an help other people.


Wallace and Caspin - They were our living example of how a CCI Team works, and live together.


Donna, me, Betty, Wallace and Caspin together one last time.


Meeting Renelle's puppy raisers from Ohio! Jennifer and Brian King, THANKS!!!! you guys raise a beautiful puppy!


Ken, introducing the Hearing Dog Class of April 2010. Ken was incredible as an instructor and am pleased to count him as a friend. Thanks Ken!!!!


I was the last one of our group to be reunited with their Canine Companion, here I am between Betsy and Coralie. I had to get by my fellow classmates Canine to get to the front!


God I was nervous, but apparently I had a fan club that I didn't know was coming!


Being re-unite with Renelle. Thanks Donna for taking the pictures! Again Jennifer and Brian Renelle's puppy raisers. Renelle was their 6th puppy! With out dedicated people like them, it would be difficult for CCI to be able to match puppies and persons.


Saying good-bye was difficult for all of us.


I want to thank Ken my instructor for his assistance and guidance from the moment I started my application with CCI to the final interview, the instructions and future assistance with teaching me and Renelle on new sounds and keeping sharp on the old. Wallace and Caspin for their invaluable insight and determination to be as independent as possible. My fellow classmates Merri, Donna, and Betty, and the TA's Anne and Joyce for their friendship, encouragement, patience and understanding. It was incredible to be around people who KNOW what being an HOH is all about! Of course the students in the Skill Companion class for sharing their lives and their joy. Their smiles and the hugs are truly a reminder of God's gift of life and love. My Fiancé Jay for his encouragement and love, you are the best gift in my life (of course now I also have Renelle). Last but not least every person involved in CCI for the past 35 years. THANK YOU!

Peace!
Constance and Renelle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Constance,
Congratulations on bringing the baby home!!!! I can't wait to meet her. As I said before, it'll be awfully tough not to wrap my arms around her and give her lots of love in the way that I love my own dog. You'll need to teach me what to do.
-Paula