PitaPata Dog tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

Words of Wisdom

If enough of us choose to change even one small thing, together we have the power to change anything.

— Rick Hansen
"Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see the beauty, believe in them and try to follow where they lead."
- Lousia May Alcott

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day Ten of Doggie Training: Field Trip and Practice

Hi all!

Today was VERY busy. We had a long lecture on Advance Canine Learning Theory (I did do well on the quiz from yesterday), the quiz for today was easier than yesterdays. Merri and Donna theorize it is exhaustion. They are probably right.

Oh! Before the lecture we had pictures taken. One was just the two of us for our Assistance Dog Public Certification card and a group photo. Very exciting. Renelle was in her vest and looked all pretty! Of course that was before our adventure this evening....

We did some brief training with our dogs on "Go get Constance" command/alert, the "someone calling my name" alert and "dropping the keys" alert.

We went to Codding Town Mall and had lunch in a nice restaurant and we had 5 dogs under two tables! and no one noticed them....they are supposed to be invisible. After lunch (Thanks Merri and Joyce for my lunch!) we did some "getting on the escalator" practice, which was a lot easier than I anticipated. We then did some samples of what the Public Access Certification Test would be like. "Strangers" (adult and child) petting our dogs while they stay in their sit position, strangers hold our dogs leash (in case of an emergency and a EMT or someone like that had to hold on to their leash. Pretending we "accidentally" dropped the leash and walked a few steps and she staying by my side, someone dropping french fry's on the floor in front of our dogs (this was to see if we are paying close attention to what our dog is doing.) All of these tests are to make sure that Renelle and I are working as a team and we are being safe and as invisible as we can be.

Renelle was able to pay with Betsy and Coralie in the play yard today and got muddy again! Boy were feet were filthy! She still has some mud on her toes, that is difficult to get off. I will try again tomorrow when I groom her, hopefully I can get it off, before she goes off to her bath on Friday. She was worn out. But not that worn out....




She still had enough energy to play with her Nylabone that Jay got her.

Well off to bed, we have another busy day tomorrow. I think I will leave the window open tonight and see if that works....

Peace!
C & R

1 comment:

Emi said...

She is SO CUTE! I'm glad the training is going well. :)