PitaPata Dog tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

Words of Wisdom

If enough of us choose to change even one small thing, together we have the power to change anything.

— Rick Hansen
"Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see the beauty, believe in them and try to follow where they lead."
- Lousia May Alcott

Friday, April 2, 2010

Day Six of Doggie Training: First public outing

We had our first public outing today. Which meant we got our working vests! Well Renelle did anyway. She was not too crazy to have it on, but she accepted it. We went to a local restaurant (sorry forgot the name at the moment) and it was quite a success (at least I think so). She just layed down behind me on the floor and watched all the events. It was quite easy to her get in and out of the car. Of course it HAD to be POURING rain today! Anyway as I drove she curled up into a ball on the backseat behind the drivers seat and fell asleep. What a life! We have a couple more outings, and the last one will be the "test" to get a three months Public Certification, although technically Service Animals do not need to be certified, but the Service Animal industry is regulating itself and setting its own standards in order to protect the disabled rights to have a
service animal. We are literally Ambassadors for Assistance Animals.

We worked on our first "sounds" today, it was a lot of fun! It was a little beeping timer and CCI will give us one! Yes!!!! I need a timer that actually works and that is one less sound I need to train Renelle to learn. We will work more on it tomorrow. We will be going home with our dogs knowing 5 sounds and the knowledge to train them for more! It is quite a lot of work. I will explain more tomorrow.

Oh! I happily report that she finally went #2!!!!! and the relief on her face! Believe me this is a BIG deal. Renelle (and her class mates) have had their schedules dramatically changed this week and when we go home her environment will drastically change, so we will go through this again. So for now this is good.

Sorry I didn't bring my camera to lunch so no pictures at this time. However, I got a cute picture of her in my room's patio:


Renelle
Latin for "Rebirth"

She was enjoying the freedom of no vest, gentle leader and off leash (and about 10 minutes later, she did #2!)

Peace!
C

No comments: