PitaPata Dog tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

Words of Wisdom

If enough of us choose to change even one small thing, together we have the power to change anything.

— Rick Hansen
"Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see the beauty, believe in them and try to follow where they lead."
- Lousia May Alcott

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Day Seven of Doggie Training: More sounds and it is final

Well, it is final. Renelle will be coming home with me on April 10th!


Renelle
Latin for "Rebirth"

Her birthday is 1/13/2008
She is 58 lbs
Golden/Lab cross
She was raised in Ohio
(I will be meeting her puppy raiser on Friday, the Puppy Raiser is flying in for Graduation.)
Renelle's coat is more curly than her sister's Raven (she was placed with my classmate from New Jersey).
She loves to play, however she is VERY serious when she is working.

I am looking forward to getting to know Renelle and working with her on learning the sounds I need her to alert me too.

At at 4:00 or so this morning, I thought I heard her scratching around in her crate, and the sound was constant. I thought she picked up that I was restless and was as well. Then I thought I heard her whimpering (my TA would of been helpful here as well, oh well). Finally I realized that she was and that it was an "I am extremely uncomfortable" whine and took her out to toilet, she went #2 again, and it smelled! She was much happier and went back to sleep. Took her out again at at 7:15 this morning and she "tinkled" as Mrs. Merri puts it. Well, Renelle decided she wanted to catch up for the days of not doing #2 and did it again at about noon. So I am happy, of course we may have to go through this again when we get home. After all it is a new environment.

What did we do today? Well did a refresher on yesterday's work with the timer. we proceeded to work on door knocking and did a quick look at the telephone an "old fashion" telephone as Ken puts it (LOL) it is a rotary phone that has the actual bell! He didn't realize that people still use them today. It was pretty funny.

We worked on a couple of commands "shake" and "bed". Then we went out to one of the puppy play yards and the girls has a blast! They took off running (sorry forgot my camera, but one of the girls will share the pictures later). Renelle, Raven, Betsy and Coralie were chasing each other, play fighting, stealing the tennis ball from each other. They even have a recognized "time out" the water bucket. When one of them reached it, play stopped with who ever was drinking and when they were done, off the went! The rest of us just sat back and watched. We were out there probably about 30 or 45 minutes, before they had their understood "we are done" playing and just lazed around.

We went back to the classroom and the girls instantly layed down and fell asleep. They were SOOO relaxed. I know Renelle was VERY happy! She had been wanting to play all day! Yet she kept focused on what we were doing.

Right now Renelle is back in the kennel with Betsy, since I am going to church at 8:30 in the morning and not sure what the rest of the day holds, I figured it was safer than worrying about her being in the crate in my room. I can't leave her in there more than 4 hours, because she needs water and to toilet just like the rest of us humans, I will pick her up at 4:00 tomorrow afternoon.

Hope all of you have a Happy Easter.

Peace!
C

1 comment:

Spenser said...

Renelle is French. Latin would be Renata.

Also, awesome! When do I get to meet her?

Also, I have kittens, if I haven't told you.