PitaPata Dog tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

Words of Wisdom

If enough of us choose to change even one small thing, together we have the power to change anything.

— Rick Hansen
"Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see the beauty, believe in them and try to follow where they lead."
- Lousia May Alcott

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Road Trip Day Two - 4 January 2007

Alright! I made it!

It rained last night in San Francisco, which was very cool. I loved it! (Of course most likely I will get sick of the rain but for the moment, I’m enjoying it). I kept waking up during the night (which I always do when in a strange bed, so please my dear Uncle and Aunt don’t take it personally), anyway, I finally rolled out of bed around 6:30 am and left around 7:30 am, traffic was a bit heavy going in to San Francisco its self, but other than that it was clear sailing.

It was a beautiful drive lots and lots of green with some brown in between it was raining off and on through out the day. I stopped for lunch and gas in Willits around 11:00 am. I went to McDonald’s this time…way better food than Denny’s! As I relaxed for a bit I noticed dark gray rain clouds coming down from the north and decided to get back in the road.

The Redwoods were stunning! I drove through the winding roads of the Redwoods wishing I could stop and take a really good look, but I didn't I just wanted to get to my apartment and crash. Humboldt Bay is equally as beautiful right there along the Pacific Ocean. I haven't seen the ocean so calm. I'm used to the crashing surf in Redondo Beach.

I finally made it to Arcata around 2:30 pm after 7 hours of driving! I was exhausted. Once I moved everything in I blew up my bed (thank you Eddie Bauer for instant comfort!) made it and rummaged through my meager food storage ate and crashed. Of course I was shivering through out the night and around 3:00 am I finally got up, but on my sweats added my bathrobe to the top of my bed clothes and turned up the heat! It took about 10 minutes but I finally stopped shivering although my head was still cold. I resolved that situation the next night and wrapped my head in my sweat shirt. What a sight! All one could see (if anyone was there) was my nose. However, I haven't shivered since!

Peace! C-

No comments: