PitaPata Dog tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

Words of Wisdom

If enough of us choose to change even one small thing, together we have the power to change anything.

— Rick Hansen
"Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see the beauty, believe in them and try to follow where they lead."
- Lousia May Alcott

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Road Trip Day One - 3 January 2007:

Well, it is about 1:25 pm and I have stopped for lunch at Denny’s (not the best food, but I need to sit and stretch out my legs. I just drove almost 175 miles non stop and have about 250 left.

Okay, I admit I cried as I drove away from the house and was heading for the 405 freeway. I almost cried when Spenser hugged me and said he will miss me, but I stopped myself because I knew if I started I wouldn’t stop. The tears fell down my cheeks and dripped from my jaw as I drove up Prospect. Sniffling and wiping my chin and face with the back of my hand I turned to the faith that brought me to this day and pulled out the Rosary that my long lost friend Michelle gave me as a gift when I joined the church and prayed the Glorious Mysteries. I felt comforted by doing this, but the sadness remains. I am ready for this move and this adventure that is before me, far more ready than I was when I first moved out of the house 10 years ago. I’m not going to speculate on what might have been, just what is now.

Enough of that. It took about an hour to get from Redondo Beach to the Santa Monica freeway and as I drove I asked myself why I was leaving LA again, oh yeah the traffic! Any way I drove past the place just before the 210 Freeway where my radiator blew up after the fan attached to it broke off from the body of the fan (oh joy what memories!) Just as a precaution I checked out my gauge...all was well. I saw signs for Magic Mountain and was almost tempted to take a detour and have some fun! But I didn't...I decided to leave the fun to my God Sisters who are in LA this week (I'm disappointed that I missed them AGAIN!) Drove through the desert for a while and then I actually saw a scattering of cows! Then nothing but dead fields….I guess it has something to do it with being winter (I haven’t a clue about that), over all a boring and smelly drive.

Well closing for now got to eat and hit the road again!

Okay…Denny’s is the worst food I’ve ever had! Yuck never again! It is almost 9:00 pm. I’ve arrived in Danville (a suburb of San Francisco) around 5: 30 exhausted. My Aunt and cousin were waiting for me and my Uncle was not off of work yet. Boy it is good to see them! They have very good hearts and souls. Anyway, my brother Spenser called me around 3:30 pm to let me know he passed his drivers test! CONGRATULATIONS SPENSER! According to Mom he wanted to go and drive to one of his friends after he got home and of course she was worried (that is until he arrived home safe and sound). Was she this worried with me? I wonder….

Okay, the drive continued to be boring and it got to be REALLY stinky. At one point (as I was driving mindlessly along this boring, brown and straight highway) it started to smell (I swear I can smell it in my hair right now!) and out of the corner of my eye I saw cows and took a double take. It wasn’t just 20 cows scattered around 5 or 6 acres, but 4 to 5 thousand cows all jammed together in I don’t know how many acres….it was just an awful lot of cows in a small space, hence the awful smell.

Well, I’m off to bed another LONG drive tomorrow, hopefully not stinky and brown.

Peace!
C-

No comments: