PitaPata Dog tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

Words of Wisdom

If enough of us choose to change even one small thing, together we have the power to change anything.

— Rick Hansen
"Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see the beauty, believe in them and try to follow where they lead."
- Lousia May Alcott

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Home, Hearth and Family

Well, my trip to LA is winding down and I am getting ready to head back to Arcata tomorrow. While I am excited to be heading home to a new semester of classes and to J, I am also sad at leaving my parents and my younger brothers. It has been so nice to be home. Although it has been busy, doctors appointments and visiting with a hand full of friends, it has been nice sitting down and having dinner at a table with the family and talking.

Lets see, whom have I seen? I have seen my friend Kevin, he told me how he met his wife Joanna and after 2 weeks they decided to get married, six months later. Cool story, I do not think I could of done that though. I got the chance to chat with my friend JT (Kevin's brother), Rick and John (Kevin and JT's dad) while visiting with Kevin. I saw my friends from my summer job in 2007 at Retirement Housing Foundation. Please keep Leo in your prayers he had an accident on Friday and had surgery yesterday. My friend Damein and Claudia from St. James choir (along with several others) and Sherie (also from St. James).

Doctors, hum, yes...my Chiropractor Dr. Kevin Miller, my dentist, and my ENT Dr. Brackmann at the House Ear Clinic. I also got my hair cut and my eye brows done. I feel so unhairy now!

It has been very humid here and hot. Apparently it rained the other night, of course I do not remember that!

What else happened? Oh yes, the family gathering! It did NOT take place in the valley (Thank God!), it took place here at my parents. It was really nice seeing everyone. So many of the cousins have married and now have children. It was quite interesting. We now have a ton of grilled vegetables and chicken, so much we are not sure what to do with it! Even Marlowe is getting a bit sick of chicken. It was fun.

Here are some pictures:

The hosts at work................... The Clan


The other half of the clan............The kids playing


The kids playing.....................................Spenser and Moi


Moi and Marlowe

We had fun.

Well, that is all for now. Keep me in your prayers as I drive north.

Peace! C


No comments: