PitaPata Dog tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

Words of Wisdom

If enough of us choose to change even one small thing, together we have the power to change anything.

— Rick Hansen
"Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see the beauty, believe in them and try to follow where they lead."
- Lousia May Alcott

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Beauty and the Beast

I love this story, the original is an incredible love story, and CBS made me very happy by adding the 1987 TV series to their TV Classic online (click the title above and it will take you to it). It stars Linda Hamilton and Ron Pearlman and it is a wonderfully written and performed show (some of you may recognize various actors that appear as regulars, hint Jay Acovone of SG1).

My favorite version was a book given to me as a child by my father.

I still have it and still enjoy reading it, along with looking at the incredible illustrations.

Like the original fairy tale, the TV version is a love story, one that transcends time and space. Beauty is love and that beauty/love is within each of us. When one truly looks into someone else's heart, they can see the beauty of that person, the love that each of us is capable of, what each of us desires and needs, the love and beauty of God.

I see it now.

Peace and love, C-

No comments: