PitaPata Dog tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

Words of Wisdom

If enough of us choose to change even one small thing, together we have the power to change anything.

— Rick Hansen
"Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see the beauty, believe in them and try to follow where they lead."
- Lousia May Alcott

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Apartment hunting in Sacramento

Okay. It was a rough drive down to my Uncle and Aunts in San Francisco area on Wednesday. We were running a bit late and it was a long, hot (my a/c is now temperamental), and bumpy ride. Poor Renelle was panting...black dog+heat=very unhappy miserable hot puppy! We stopped by CCI in Santa Rosa to pick up Renelle's yearly supply, to cool down a bit and let the AC rest.

We found our way to my Aunt and Uncle's new house, they were at a friends house for dinner, so we hung out in the back yard to cool down and watch Renelle sniff around. She walked up to jacuzzi and there was a cover on it. She took a step onto it and fell into the water and landed on the first step...she cooled down a bit quicker :-) She was surprised by the fall and stuck a bit close to me. After we cooled downed, we headed to In n' Out and Chipolte for dinner.
Renelle at Aunt Ruby's and Uncle Chris'

The next day, Thursday, we headed to Sacramento, it was another hot day! We dropped Renelle off at Merri's and Betsy's house for the afternoon. Betsy was very excited to see Renelle, but it took Renelle a few moments to place Betsy and then off they went. Jay and I headed to our first of 3 appointments. The first one was a two bedroom (which later we learned was not a very good area at night), the second one was a three bedroom 1 3/4 bath, the third was a 2 bedroom/2 bath. We put an application in one the 3 bedroom. Around 4:00 we headed back to Merri's and Renelle was thrilled to see me. Joyce was there and her and Merri made dinner, so we got to catch up a bit. It was SOOO nice to see them! We headed back to my Aunt and Uncle's house to relax and cool down.

Renelle and Betsy @ Merri's house


Merri and Joyce getting dinner ready....Joyce you are a ham!


Jay waiting for a yummy dinner.

Friday, we dropped Renelle off and CCI PR Sarah and family while we drove around and looked at another 4 apartments. It was hot again. We saw a couple 2 bed/2 bath and checked out a couple other places we drove by to see the prices, but didn't go in. We did put another application down on a 2 bed/ 2 bath on the bottom floor. We went by another place that had a 3 bed/2 bath, but they could not it to us at that time and asked if we could come back on Sunday, so we decided Renelle and I would go by after we saw Jay off to Sylmar for Guide Dog Training. 4:00 arrived again and we headed to pick up Renelle from Sarah's and Sarah enjoyed watching how excited Renelle gets when she sees me. We chatted for bit as Jay and I cooled down before heading back to my Aunt's. LOL! Renelle REALLY kept close to me, she wanted to make sure I did not leave without her.

Sunday after watching Jay get on the plane Renelle and I went to see another 3 bed/2 bath and put an application in.

It was pretty hot our entire time inland, I appreciate the beach cities much more now!

Peace!
C & R

No comments: